Legal assistance for migrants
Upon their arrival, migrants are often confused and uncertain about how to claim their rights. There are many obstacles: from the language barrier to the complicated bureaucratic procedures and the lack of knowledge about the law.
In our Geneva office we advise on applications for residence permits, family reunification, asylum procedures, appeals or the recognition of statelessness. Furthermore, we are mandated by the Canton of Geneva to provide legal assistance to unaccompanied minors, a category of migrants more vulnerable than others.
- Applications for family reunification
- Applications for residence permits or temporary admission
- Applications for a change of residence canton
- Applications for recognition of statelessness
- Assistance in the preparation of files
- Drafting of appeals or requests for reconsideration or revision
- Requests for intervention or information from governmental or non-governmental organisations
- Requests for family tracing or evidence abroad